Sometimes you may need to add a new Referral/Reply letter template that will be very similar to an existing template, for example if you had a new provider join the practice and you only need to adjust the letterhead and/or signature on a reply letter.
Rather than create a new template from scratch, Genie allows you to duplicate any of your existing templates and simply update the duplicate template to reflect the appropriate changes.
- Click on the Referral/Reply icon in one of the following locations:
- The Appointment Book
- The Patient list
- A patient's Clinical window
- An Address Book record
- As above, you will need a patient record or patient appointment highlighted to open the Referral/Reply letter window. You may wish to use a test patient record to create your letter templates, to ensure letters are not accidentally saved to your real patients.
- From the Template drop-down, select New Template.
- Click on " Edit Template".
- Select the existing template you want to copy from the Duplicate drop-down in the top right-hand corner of the window.
6. Give your template a Title.
7. Make the necessary adjustments and then save your new template using the Save button in the top right-hand corner of the window.