The following is intended for practices in which the doctors use their own personal email address, rather than using one hosted in Microsoft 365. If the doctors at your practice use practice-issued email addresses, please request a filter be organised by the Medihost team.
To set up a rule in a doctor's Outlook to ignore an Automatic Reply from Reception:
- Whilst you have the automatic reply open in Outlook, select the Home tab in the top bar.
- Find and click the Rules icon, which looks like this:
- Select “Create rule”
- A popup will open. Ensure that “From [Reception email]” and “Sent to me only” are ticked, as well as “Subject Contains”. In the adjacent field, make sure it contains “Automatic Reply”, or whatever the default subject line might be in your case.
- Tick “Move item to folder:”
- Click Select Folder and select Deleted Items is selected in the Rules and Alerts popup, then hit ok on that window.
If you would like the emails to be sent to a different folder, you may choose that one instead.
- Hit ok on the Create Rule window. A popup will appear asking if you want to run this rule on emails which are already in your inbox. You may choose whether or not you wish to do this. Then press OK.
- Now all Automatic Reply emails from Info will be directed into the folder you selected. Please keep in mind that this will apply to all emails from Reception that contain those words in the subject line.