*** How Linking Works from Bluechip to Clinical New patients added to the Blue chip database, or changes to existing patients in Bluechip are transferred to Clinical via the Patients.in file, which is read and processed by the Link File Processor. ( PUSH Operation from Bluechip & PULL Operation from MD Clinical )
Configuring the Link File Processor
You will need to do this whether you’ve installed Clinical as new or you don’t see LFP running on the server:
1. Ensure both Bluechip and Clinical are closed on client and server stations.
2. Locate and run the Maintenance suite. There is usually an icon on your desktop for this.
3. In the Database Tasks panel, select Clinical.
4. Double-click the Link File Processor icon.
5. You may be prompted that some options have to be enabled in Clinical in order to allow it to link to Bluechip. Click OK to continue.
6. If the Link Options window is not already displayed, you will need to right-click the LFP icon in the system tray, and select ‘LFP Service Manager’.
7. The Link File Processor Service Manager appears. Click Options.
8. You will be prompted to select the appropriate username and configuration you wish to use and enter your password.
9. The Link File Processor Service Options window appears. Set the following options:
- Check the ‘Read Link File from this computer’” box.
- Check the ‘Load LFP Service Manager on Startup?’ box.
- Use the Browse button to set the Link File Path to the folder set in the Bluechip configuration. ***********Note you must choose a local path, as network paths are not supported.
- Do not tick the ‘Delete link file after reading’ box.
- Link File Size Limit = 3000 KB.
10. Select the Database tab. Set the following options:
- Ensure the Database is set to MD Live Data
- Check the ‘Linked to Billing Package’ box
- Link File Format = GENERIC ASCII V3
- None of the settings are mandatory. If in doubt, do not tick any of these boxes.
11. Click OK to confirm. You will receive a prompt the options have been saved and the options restarted.
12. Click the Hide button to minimise the Link File Processor Service Manager to the system tray.
13. Exit from Medical Director Maintenance.