Level 2 - VPN and RDP Setup
Walkthrough of setting up VPN and RDP
Cisco AnyConnect VPN
- Download Cisco AnyConnect client from here
- Once the client has downloaded, Navigate Windows File Explorer to the installer file (generally located in the downloads folder). Double-click the AnyConnect msi to initiate the installation process.
- A pop-up window may ask for permissions, in this case, select Yes. If your pop-up asks if you are sure you want to run this software, select Run.
- Installer window will appear, click "next", then click "I accept the terms in the license agreement" and next, then click "install" once installed click close.
- Contact Medihost support either via phone - 1300 566 050 or email - firstname.lastname@example.org to get VPN config file.
- Once you have the file, open up a run prompt by pressing the "Windows" + "R" key at the same time.
- Copy below location and paste it into the run prompt and hit enter
C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Profile
- Cut and paste the Config file that was supplied by Medihost into this location
- Open up Cisco any connect and confirm the profile auto loaded.
- Connect to VPN
Microsoft Remote Desktop
- Click on windows search bar and search for "Remote Desktop Connection"
- Click "Show Options"
- Computer and username details will be provided by Medihost
- Click "Save As" and save it to your desktop with an appropriate name e.g Company Name RDP.
- Make sure you are connected to the Cisco AnyConnect, once confirmed click connect on the remote desktop application.