A "File Could Not Be Found" error alert pops up when trying to open documents in a patient file.
There are a number of reasons this can occur.
A common reason is if a patient's name has changed or the spelling of the patient's name is updated.
Within Genie - when a new image, attachment or scan is added to a new patients record, it creates a unique images folder for them within the backend folder structure for Genie.
Unfortunately when a patient is renamed, Genie does not always merge the data from the patient's old images folder and therefore this error occurs.
Genie does not delete the old folder from the images directory, so the information should still be available.
1. Make a note of the patient's former name and their patient ID number, such as Jane Smith, 12345.
2. Navigate to C:/Genie/Images/S (or G:/Genie/Images/S if using the Medihost hosted network) and locate the folder for SmithJ12345.
* Open this folder - the documents and attachments should all be here. Copy these files to clipboard.
3. Within the Images folder, locate the patient's current image folder, under their new name and patient ID, such as DoeJ12345.
* Open this folder and paste the documents in here.
4. In Genie Client, open the patient's clinical window and then the image browser. Use the black and silver sync button to re-assign these images to the patient.
You should then be able to properly access the patient's attachments again.
Should you experience any further difficulties viewing files in your patients clinical window, please call the Medihost support desk on 1300 566 050.