This is caused by the Remote Desktop app not having the correct permissions to access the microphone. It can be solved by doing the following:
- Quit out of the remote desktop entirely.
- Click on the Apple symbol in the top right corner of the screen, then open System Preferences.
- Select Security & Privacy
- Go to the Privacy tab, and scroll down to Microphone. Grant Microsoft Remote Desktop access to the microphone
- Reopen the Remote Desktop app, but before logging into the RDP, edit the connection. Go to the Devices and Audio tab, and enable Microphone.
- Save the configuration, and log into the RDP. Dragon Medical One should now detect the microphone under the name “Remote Audio”