1. Locate and double-click the MedicalDirector Maintenance icon from your desktop. The MedicalDirector Maintenance window appears.
2. Select the Database Tasks > Common menu item.
If this is the first time you have tried to run Communication Services during this session of working in MedicalDirector Maintenance, you will be prompted to select a Configuration, and enter your Username and Password.
4. Communication Services appears. Note that this window differs slightly, depending on whether you access it via the server computer or a workstation.
5. Select Manage Patient Locks
6. This utility allows you to reset (i.e. 'unlock') any locked patient records. You would only need to run this if for example there had been some sort of unforeseen interruption on your network (e.g. a workstation crash) resulting in the service thinking that one or more patient records are open, when in fact they are not.
This utility is to be used with caution - you must be absolutely certain that there are no computers on which a patient's record is in fact open. If this utility is used in error, and the patient's record is opened in write-mode on multiple computers simultaneously, you may inadvertently overwrite data recorded by another user.
The Manage Patient Locks utility is available only via the server version of the Communication Services utility.
To reset a lock, select one or more patient records, and click Reset Selected Locks.